What is Global Entry?
This is a program initiated by the U.S. Border and Customs Protection department to allow certain low-risk citizens of selected countries (including US, Canadian and others) easy access into the country. Members are able to walk to an automated kiosk machine and with only their passport and fingerprint scan can continue to baggage claim. There are almost 2 million members across the US and more and more are applying monthly to join.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of this program are mostly obvious ones. Members will not have to fill out copious amount of paperwork and won’t need to be waiting in long lines at the airport. Additionally, there are airports internationally that acknowledge members of the program such as specific Canadian airports. Additionally, NEXUS members of Canada will have the ability to take advantage of Global Entry.
Who is Eligible?
Lawful residents of the allowed countries are eligible to the program as long as they:
- Have not provided false information on their application
- Have been convicted of any criminal offence
- Have been found in violation of any customs regulations in any country
- Are subject to any investigation
- Are inadmissible to the US under immigration regulations
- Cannot prove their low-risk status
- Do not have parental approval if under 18